thank you!!!


So far I have received 108 blocks (plus my block brings the total to 109), several yards of backing and a few rolls of batting. This quilts of valor undertaking has been AMAZING! I'm overwhelmed, in the best possible way, by your generosity. thank you. thank you. thank you!

In the spirit of giving and helping, I want to mention a little about Margaret's Hope Chest. They have a goal to collect 400 quilts in October to give to the needy and hurting in the Grand Rapids, MI area. You can read all about the organization and the Hope Squared project specifics here. It's a project that touches my heart. Here's a brief story why. When my mom passed away I was only 5. The community that we lived in poured out their support to our family and it was overwhelming. I still remember how the food covered the counters in our kitchen. Ladies from the local church brought over a stack of quilts. I believe they brought 5 of them. Each of us kids got to pick a quilt for our own (except my youngest brother) and we literally loved those quilts to bits. Even though I was quite young, I still remember the generosity of those who reached out to us while we were deeply hurting. It is for that reason that I am happy to contribute to a cause like this. And I hope that you will consider to do so as well.