finish it up Friday, week 24

Welcome to finish it up Friday!
I finished my rainbow log cabin quilt!!!! It was started over 2 years ago and it was to be included in the book. When we needed to cut projects, I happily chose this one. (I wasn't loving it, as you may recall.) After some quilt surgery and a perfect backing, not to mention some very special quilting, I'm pleased as punch to have it done. I LOVE how it turned out!!!!! I really, really do!
Here's a shot of the back. This was THE perfect fabric to use (if you ask me)....it blended with any color of quilting thread. Pretty fun, isn't it? I got the fabric last summer on clearance for $3/yard. LOVE that kind of deal! (the print is Remix by Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman.)
A huge thank you to my lovely friend, Suzanne, for suggesting scallop quilting. It was perfect treatment for the borders. The scallops turned out better than I could have hoped and it was fun to do, too! I'm adding this idea to my bag of quilting tricks.

The quilt measures 61" x 70".

Oh! I'd be remiss if I didn't thank my lovely neighbors Linda and Martha for being my quilt holders yesterday. Thanks, ladies!

Now it's your turn. Please link up your finishes from the past week so we can cheer you on! Happy Friday to you!