a retreat for me and a treat for you


Tonight I'm headed out to go on a weekend quilt retreat at Gruber's Quilt Shop! Victoria set it up last fall and it's finally here! Yipee! It's so weird to be making plans to go anywhere all. by. myself. I'm sure I will miss my family as soon as I leave the house, but I'm planning to enjoy every last minute. Seriously, how could I not? I'm meeting up with fellow bloggers to QUILT for the entire weekend! I've got my pile of projects ready to go...probably about 2-3 weeks worth. Overkill is nothing new to me!

Speaking of retreats...I will be speaking at a few this year.

The first one is going to be in Grand Rapids, Michigan for Margaret's Hope Chest at the end of July. You can read up on all the details here. I'm excited for this one! I have designed a quilt pattern especially for them and I will be showing several options to switch up the basic pattern. I'll be talking about color and fabric choices with a little bit of scrap talk thrown in, too. Margaret's Hope Chest is spreading HOPE in Jesus' name. I couldn't think of a better cause to quilt for. The work party is FREE! The majority of the sewing time will be spent making quilt tops for MHC. I think there are 10 remaining spots left.

I'm also going back to Colorado this November to Inn at City Park, which is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast. More details on the retreat here. Of course, I am excited about this one, too! Tara is a fabulous hostess. Last year we had an AMAZING time. I know I gushed on and on about it already, but seriously, it was so. much. fun. It was my first quilt retreat ever, and it set the bar for all future quilt retreats VERY high. This year I will be teaching machine quilting: using both your walking foot and free motion foot. Last time I checked, there were only 8 spots left for this one.

Heather is considering putting together a retreat here (in Western Wisconsin-just across the border from Minneapolis/St. Paul) but is trying to gauge if there is enough interest before she jumps in. Leave a comment on this post if you are interested.

Ok, enough retreat talk...

I also have a giveaway today!!!
Up for grabs is a Roll Up in the Dark Colorstory, compliments of Robert Kaufman. I'm not going to gush about how wonderful Kona cottons are because I'm sure you already know. If you ask me, this would look lovely paired with Ash colored Kona cotton as a background for my quilt along. You know, in case any of you are still on the fence about joining in. :) Of course, if you are the lucky winner, you get to decide what to do with it! Leave me a comment if you want a chance at it. One comment per person please. I will announce the winner on Monday.

Happy weekend to you!