snow! (and a new quilt top)

We had a good old-fashioned snow storm over the weekend. It was fun to be snowed in...until it came time for shoveling. Oh, my achin' back!
Thankfully my neighbor, Larry, came over with his snowblower on Sunday morning and helped us out immensely! We still had a chance to shovel a bunch. Hours!
We have snowpiles that are taller than a 4th grader. (Ha!)
I have more shoveling to do today. I hope to unearth the front door before the kids get home from school. Just trying to work up the courage to tackle that snow drift. Why on earth do I live here again???

Being snowed gave me plenty of time to cut into 70+ of my favorite fabrics.
It was something akin to a fabric massacre (or party?)....
and the results are a new, simple quilt top. I love it, love it, LOVE it!
My husband said that it looked like big chunks of fabric. (Cheryl, has he been talking to you???) I may have been slightly offended.
Later, he was kind enough to say about the quilt, "I'm sure that it will keep us nice and warm."
Much better. :)