tour Ireland blog hop

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

To be honest with you, this isn't a day that I normally do a ton of celebrating, but I'm not opposed to it. :) Pat Sloan is doing a blog hop to feature her Tour Ireland book, and I'm happy to be joining in the fun. Tour Ireland is a book that documents Pat's trip to Ireland with a group of quilters. There are lots of gorgeous photos of Ireland included. (I want to go!) It's like a scrapbook and a pattern book rolled into one. It has some great patterns that I would love to make, scrappy style, of course.
This one is called Sheep's Feet. I think it's so clever. It's made from snowball blocks that alternate lights and darks. I don't think I've ever seen that before, and it makes the quilt quite interesting.
I just had to start one right away. I can already tell that I'm gonna love it.
I do love an Irish Chain quilt, and this version is great. I love the gradient color and the zig zag border. Such a nice touch. I'm still trying to figure out how to translate this one into a scrappy version, but I'm sure I'll find a way. :)
Pat is offering her book at 25% off the regular price through the end of March. You can buy it here.
Or...you could stop at any of the places on the blog hop and try to win a copy for yourself!


Of course, you could leave me a comment here, too. In your comment I'd love to know if/how you celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I'll be picking two winners from this post that will each recieve a book compliments of Pat and Leisure Arts. I'll pick the winners on Saturday. Hope you have a GREAT day!