fancy block friday

I've have been thinking of incorporating a ladder pattern into a quilt for years now. Since I wasn't quite sure what to piece this week for my fancy block Friday challenge, a ladder it is! This block could easily be pieced improvisationally, but I love the precise results that come from paper piecing. The block will finish at 8" square. I have a stack of blue/aqua/purple/green fat quarters (purchased from Connecting Threads) that I plan to use to make more of these lovely blocks. And so another WIP is born.....
On the flip side, I did finish this quilt top this week. It measures 44" x 53". I blogged a bit about the process here. I love how it came together! The red and white polka dots are a fun addition to the quilt. But then again, you really can not go wrong with red and white polka dots, if you ask me! Since I need another quilt like I need a hole in the head, I'm pretty sure that this top will be headed to MHC.

Happy Friday!