quilt blocks


Here are my first 5 of 15 quilt blocks that I made for Linda's quilt block swap. I needed a bit of an instant gratification project to work on to save my sanity, as I am still working on this. It felt like a bit of a test....other quilters are going to see the backs of my blocks. I'm a little nervous about that. Most days I have a hard time sewing a straight and consistent 1/4 inch seam. Why do you think I love improvisational piecing so much? Now, just 10 more blocks to go.
A note about the buttons...my husband asked if I had mentioned that he bought most of them for me. He bought some on eBay a few times and then he picked up several here and there on clearance a few years back. Isn't that sweet? I then hinted that it may be time for some more. ;) They sure do come in handy for those $5 coats.