planning a quilt


I told myself that I wasn't going to start another quilt project while we were in the midst of our transition/moving, but I have a two week deadline to make a graduation quilt for a friend of ours. I am going to be using my blocks from Linda's quilt block swap, which I made back in March, so it isn't a new project, technically. It's amazing how I can rationalize.

So today I was reading up on setting quilt blocks on point. I haven't tried this technique in my 7 years of quilting, but it is on my list of quilt goals this year. It involves a lot of math. Pleah.

These are the bright fabrics that I pulled out of my stash.

And it just happens to match my outfit for today.
The exact word my husband used to describe my clothing choices for today, I believe, was "oy-eeesh". I must have been feeling sassy when I picked them out. I usually don't dress this loud.