what's going on

Thanks for all the comments on my quilt. Wow! You all know how to make a girl's day. By the way, did you know that Murphy's Oil Soap will get grease stains out of a new quilt? Valuable information to know, if you ask me. Yes, my sewing machine left grease spots on the white parts of the quilt. Thankfully the quilt shop owner that I have recently befriended shared that helpful tip with me.

We have had an exciting day here. Our kitty laid babies, as my four year old says. (Isn't that cute?) This is one of the 5 little ones that were born this morning. We got to watch part of the birth process, and the boys were so excited. The kittens are so little and their cries are so cute.

Beyond that, things have been crazy around here, as you can tell by my lack of posting. Our house has been on the market for 12 days. That should tell you how much stress we are experiencing in this household. No real showings yet, but hopefully soon.

This morning we re-did some of the landscaping in the front of our house. My husband and I don't do yard work together, if we can help it. It was not fun. It looks better than it did yesterday, but still it's not impressive. Our lawn needs lots of help, but at least now the landscaping is weed free.

I have been doing a lot of sewing, but not much crafting.
I set my sewing machine up in my garage and have been sewing patches on shirts for my side job. This is what I have been doing in between house projects. I have 7 rubbermaid tubs full of uniforms to sew. The boys have been playing outside while I sew and my husband is trying to finish siding the shed. The girl sits in the stroller and reads books.

I have my very own sweat shop. It's nice to sew outside for this huge project rather than secluded in my craft room. I told my husband that the garage would make a great craft room. Somehow he didn't buy that idea. Can you imagine?