all zipped up

Can I just say that I'm happy that spring break is over? I am so ready to get back into a routine. I had a nap before lunch today since "vacation" really took it's toll on me. Oh, and that bathroom remodel didn't help, either. It's still a work in progress. My son (who is 6) predicts that it will take 19 months. I hope he is wrong. He had better be wrong.
-----
Now, let's talk quilts, shall we? This quilt is my 10th finish of the year. (!!!!)

Diane from Bee Square Fabrics asked me to design a quilt that would feature some of the gorgeous fabrics that she has in her shop. (She was so very fabulous to work with!!) This is what I came up with.

It is a zig zag quilt, but....BUT, it's made without piecing a single triangle. How nifty is that?

I used some of the leftover pieces of fabric from the front to add a strip of patchwork to the back. It's a little busy, but it made the backing just a bit wider than a normal width of fabric, which was just what I was after. How great is that elephant fabric? I LOVE it. And I love a pieced back, but you all already know that. :)

I used some awesome Jay McCarroll fabric for the binding. I love the little ants in it. (My kids do, too.) And the color. Mmm. Aqua!

I stippled the quilt (of course) in grey thread.

It measures about 46" x 61".

I LOVE this quilt. I have been wanting to make a zig zag quilt forever, and I am very happy with the results. This color scheme is one of my favorites these days.

There is a tutorial on how to make the quilt here.
And the fabric info (should you be wondering the specifics) is listed in this post.
-------------
edited to add:
Bee Square Fabrics currently has a promotion for 20% off the Jay McCarroll fabric. Please enter code "20offJay" during checkout. It is good until March 31st.