vintage kitchen quilt

Here's my finished swell quilt. I like it but I'm not in love with it yet. Maybe I will be after it's washed and dried? Or maybe my feelings for it are tainted by the March funk I'm in? I'm not too sure. Either way, it's finished.
It took a long time to piece.
And to quilt. (Over a week and a half just for the quilting---off and on.)
This quilt is h-e-a-v-y. My son even commented on that while he was holding it up for the photo-it must be all those bulky seams from the triangles.
I paired the swell charms (I used 4 packs) with quilter's only cotton in the color parchment (from JoAnn's).

I pressed the first seams (the diagonal ones) open, rather than to one side, which made the assembly of the quilt top much easier. I learned that lesson after making an hourglass quilt.

It measures 58" x 75".
I love a striped binding. This is lighter than I would normally pick for binding, but the stripes won me over.

The backing is also from the swell line. I love the bold print. I think this is the first larger quilt I've made that I've splurged on the backing by using all "quilt shop" fabric. (It was on sale, but still, it sure adds up quick.) I'm glad I did.

Since this quilt looks somewhat vintage already (love that), it should get better with age. I can only hope the same for me. Ha!