jolly rancher quilt


The jolly rancher quilt is finished! I LOVE it and now I (kind of) wish I had made it larger. The top is 100% scraps. Love that.

The one question comes up when using this many colors of fabric in a quilt top: what color of thread to use? I took a chance on grey thread and I think it works so well-even on the white....
....and I love how it shows up on the yellow backing.

I call this concentric square quilting, but really it's a squared off spiral. I quilted each of the 9 blocks separately. I love how this quilting looks and it's easy! (I used a walking foot, so that does most of the work.) I didn't mark anything, just used the squares as a guideline for quilting. This is where the small size of the quilt was much appreciated. (it's about 40" square.)

The only thing I bought specifically for this quilt was 1/2 yard for binding-that's it! Now, if I could start to notice a dent in my stash, I'd be ecstatic.