a weird day

i'm having a very weird day today.

it started with my daughter sleeping until 9:45, so right off the bat, i had about 2 hours of time to myself. that's unheard of. it was really really nice.

then, out of the blue i had the urge to bake a chocolate cake. i don't care for cake. chocolate cake would be my least favorite of all cakes, so that really really threw me off. i think i'll blame it on katie. :) (i'm baking one using this recipe.) it's all working out, though, because my brother is coming tonight and will be babysitting my kids AND it's his birthday tomorrow, so i guess my gut feeling was timely. hurray for that!

today i was getting serious about finishing my wips. for the first time in months, i have no flimsies (quilt tops completed, but waiting for the quilting) in the house. not even a doll quilt! i can't remember the last time that happened.

i made two quilt backs and basted two quilts this morning. and i'm not planning to stipple either one.

see, i told you i was having a weird day.