living up to my blog name

I'm working on a small project using small scraps. These triangles finish at about 3", give or take. I took this project to my little neighborhood quilting group on Saturday morning. They all know I'm off my rocker now. Or at the very least, living up to my blog name. :) Oh, well. I'm having fun!
If you want to make some of these little babies yourself, here's how. You know, because I want to enable you to use your scraps, too. That way I won't look quite as crazy.
First, make a pattern of an equilateral triangle that measures 3.5" on each side. (Or any size you please.) 
I drew it on paper first, using my 60 degree markings on my cutting ruler as a guide. 
Make a cardboard template of the triangle. Use the cardboard template to trace the triangle onto scratch paper. Math homework sheets seem to work the best. (ha!) Once the triangles are traced, cut them out using a paper scissors.
Then, take your fabric scraps, the smaller the better. Pick two.
Make sure that the scraps will cover the paper completely when in place.
Sew them right sides together, right through the paper. Set your stitch length on something pretty short. On my machine, I use a 2 (out of 6). This allows you to rip the paper off easily.
Fold down the scrap on the right and press well.
Pick another scrap, sew, press.
Repeat until the triangle is covered.

Flip the piece upside down.
 Trim, using the paper as your guide.
There is a little waste...but not much. Yay!!!
Rip off the paper pieces and give the triangle a final press.
Repeat until your heart's content.

One disclaimer....sewing through the paper will dull your needle, so you will want to change it afterwards. I usually have a few needles set aside just for foundation paper piecing projects like this.

I'm sewing my little triangles into rows. And someday will make a pillow cover with it.
If you try this, I'd love to see what you come up with! Have fun playing with your scraps!

Happy Monday to you!