no time to quilt today

It's time to celebrate! My little girl-my baby-turns 5 today. I spent the whole week feeling melancholy, as I do any time my kids turn a year older. But now that the day is here, I'm ok. She's so excited, it's contagious. I just heard her singing in her room, "It's my birthdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!" It's good to be 5!!! My hubby is off today and we are going to take her out for a day of fun. It's going to be a good, good day.

Normally, I have gotten away from birthday posts, but I read this blog post and some of the comments yesterday. (Don't click on through unless you have lots of time.) Boy, has it go me thinking! It makes me want to be a more honest blogger. Not that I've been a dishonest blogger, not at all. But it makes me want to be more real here. More well rounded. But more on that later...I've got some celebrating to do!

Happy Friday to you!