blue and green

I'm working on a new project. It's blue & green, scrappy, and I'm using 2.5" squares. ALL my favorites rolled into one!
I'm intrigued at how different things look on point (these totally remind me of pot holders for some reason)....
compared to a straight setting. Which do you like better?

Not sure where this is going to end up yet, but I started pulling out background options from the stash....
coal gray....mmm. i like it!
brown polka dot...it would almost work, but too busy.
sprout green....very nice. I think I would really like how some of the green squares would match and kind of fade into the background.
latte...it's a lovely color, but nope! well...maybe?
silvery grey...very possible.

Like I said, I don't have a clear vision for this quilt yet...but I do have a few layout options I'm mulling over. It's very fun to be playing and watching it come together bit by bit.

And as an aside, it was totally entertaining to pin partial bolts of fabric to my design wall and take photos. All in a day's "work" when you are a blogger. :)