finish it up Friday, week 22

Welcome to finish it up Friday! I hope you've had a great week of finishing!
I'm delighted to say that I am finally done with my rolling stone quilt! I had to push really hard to finish this one. It seems like this is all I've worked on for a LONG time....I'm glad I saw it through to the end!
After auditioning a bunch of thread colors, I decided to use two colors to quilt it...teal and natural. I needed to pick two because I didn't want the quilting (if I were to use only teal) to muddy up the blocks. On the other hand, I didn't want the natural to contrast with all that teal background. The solution was to quilt all the block pieces separately. Even with all the starting and stopping I had to do, I think it was a good choice. And it kind of looks neat on the back. I do love that lime green backing!

The pebble quilting was intense! It was very time consuming, but I did enjoy the process. Mostly. :) It was easy to work into the smaller spaces. It also uses a ton of thread. Thank goodness Connecting Threads spools are nicely sized. I estimate that I used about one whole spool of teal thread...1200 yards! (I started with a partial spool and ended with a partial spool, so I can only estimate...but it was a lot!)
The pattern is based on a traditional rolling stone block, and it's set on point. I love the almost circle effect of the block. The fabric is all from the Mod Basics line by Birch Fabrics. I think this was my first experience using organic fabric, and it is was very nice to work with. It quilted up beautifully. I'm excited to wash and dry it...the texture is gonna be FAB!

The quilt measures approximately 65" x 86", so a decent twin size. Did I mention that I'm so happy this one is DONE?  :)

Now it's your turn! Do you have a finish to share this week? If so, please link up to a specific blog post from the past week. Then go ahead and cheer on some other finishers as well. Happy Friday to you!