a clean room and a question

I cleaned my craft room this week (because I was procrastinating) and I thought it would be good to snap a photo for reference sake. HA! It's SO NICE to work in a clean space. I forgot how much so because it's been so long!! But don't be too impressed. The rest of the story is the landing (right outside my room) is a huge mess. Hopefully things will be reckoned with sooner if I keep walking over them. We shall see!

The question I'd like to discuss today is...."Where do you draw the line between a tutorial vs. a pattern?" I've been pondering this question a lot over the past few months. And quite a lot just this week. I've also been talking it over with my husband, and Tara, and Cheryl. It's still not settled in my mind and I thought it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the matter. Do you think about this at all? What is your take on it?

edited to add: Thanks so much for your comments on this discussion so far! It's been very interesting to read your thoughts. In the comments Tara phrased my question much better. (thank you Tara!) So...the more detailed question is: How do you decide if a quilt should be made into a free tutorial on the blog versus if it warrants a pattern to sell?

(please be gentle in your comments!) :)