downs and ups

For those of you wondering, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I just moved to Wisconsin, but it kinda feels like a close second. I don't have internet connection at home yet and the withdrawal is severe. Severe, I tell ya'.

We are trying to adjust to apartment life with 3 kids. It's harsh. My husband was ready for a break from all the screaming and whining from the kids before we even ate dinner tonight. My daughter must be teething or something. The boys run (what kid doesn't???) in the apartment and the cranky old man living below us was already complaining about us before we signed our lease paperwork. Sounds like fun, no? Thankfully the property manager is really, really nice.

The upside of things:

I drove through Chicago for my first time ever last week. That is HUGE for me. I can barely ride in the passenger's seat through the city-I am a nervous wreck in all that traffic. But I actually drove through it. During the day. And I even changed lanes once! I don't think I'll make a habit of it, but it is something that I never thought I would be able to do. So yay!

I finished my crocheted rag rug.

It's a little bit wonky. But I really like how it turned out. I estimate that I recycled about 15-20 t-shirts. About half of them or more were kids shirts.

The library has wireless internet, which is great.

I finally got to sew today, for the first time in 5 days.

I am having a little alone time for the first time in weeks. Bliss.

This moving and upsetting the delicate balance we had going is not for the faint of heart.