new quilt top

I have been doing a lot of sewing this week.

I decided I need another quilt (in July-go figure) and my pink fabric stash is going to overtake the whole lot pretty soon. So, with those 2 factors, and ignoring the fact that I have at least 5 other quilts going, I came up with this.

Its 4" wide strips cut at random lengths and all sewn together in strips. Easy peasy.
I think I started the top on Monday. Here it is, on Friday, measuring 77" x 88" or so.

Here is what my pink stash looks like now-barely a dent in it.



On to other news....this morning I packed a picnic lunch and we were going to go meet my husband at work and spend his lunch hour with him. I had all the kids packed up and ready to go when I got a call from him saying he had a lunch meeting he had to be at. We were all disappointed, but decided to go to our regular park instead. (We are there at least 3 times a week.) So we went and played and we met our first Wisconsin friends. During our conversation she said that she would try any craft once. Her and I are going to get along just fine. :) She has a little boy and a little girl close to my kids ages and she has also relocated a few times. So we have lots in common. Hurray!

It's been a good day.