a new dress

I sewed a new dress for my little girl.

I really really love it, as you can see by the plethora of photos. There are about 25 more that I'm not posting. :)
It was my first time making a ruffle, which was a little tricky, but definitely worth it.
Is there anything better than a gingham ruffle?
Maybe polka dot trim?

The dress is pretty baggy, so there is plenty of room for her to move, which I like. I may take it in under the arms to help define the shape just a bit more.

I used my new bias tape maker, which I could use a few tips or hints about if you have any to share. I thought this little tool was going to solve all my problems. Ha! I wish.
This is what it looks like when it is ironed. Does it supposed to gap this much? Do you supposed to fold it in half and iron it flat at this point? I'm so confused. This is one reason why I usually don't mess with bias tape.

Anyway, back to the dress. I added snaps on the straps instead of the ties that I used last time.

The white floral fabric came from Lera. The pink and green came from my stash.

The pattern was pretty much made up on the fly.

I do love the vintage-y feel of this dress. If only I could make a version that would look this cute on me.