simple is good


This quilt was so easy to make. I pieced the top in a few hours (if that), and the stippling was very easy, due to the lack of seams in the majority of the quilt. I used light blue thread to stipple the aqua parts, then I switched to white thread to quilt the strip of patchwork. I think the hardest part was trying to square it up after it was quilted.

I love the aqua solid fabric, which I bought at my local Mill End Textiles store. I wish I had another bolt of the stuff. It's the perfect color.

I backed it with one of my favorite fabrics of all time, (the cherry print) which is called Dainties, by Robert Kaufman. (I bought the rest of the bolt, also at Mill End Textiles.)

The red gingham bias binding is the perfect finishing touch, I think. I did not use my bias tape maker on this, I made traditional double fold binding. Working with bias strips is not my cup of tea, but I am glad that I went through the trouble this time.

The final size is about 68" x 76". It makes the perfect napping quilt. :)

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I LOVE this quilt.