pink

This quilt is so very pink. I LOVE it. 
It is for my monochromatic quilt series, which has been so much fun. You can see more of the series here. Still to come in the series: red, orange, purple, and brown.
It is all scraps, randomly pieced. 
The pieced back is from my stash. I had bought a green polka dot for the backing, but I changed my mind at the last minute and came up with this instead. I like it because it matches the scrappy feel of the front. Someday, though, I am going to try a contrasting (but coordinating) color for the back of a quilt.

Look at all that random pink goodness. It makes me giddy.

I used the from back to front quilting technique on this. 

Overall, it went very well. I didn't have tension issues using this technique except for one time, and that time was so bad that I would have had to rip out whether it was on the back or the front. I felt like it was easier to quilt it randomly, which was what I was after. Sometimes I think I subconsciously follow the seam lines on the front, and it is hard to keep it random. The one thing that was a little tricky was the bottom (which is the front of the quilt) got puckered a few times along the edges because it was smaller than the top. So I had to do a bit of stitch ripping and then I ended up quilting it from the reverse side. And just a few times there were a few ridges of seams that hung up a bit in the face plate of my machine, but it was pretty minor.
All in all, it was a good experiment and I am glad that I tried it.