spectrum quilt-new and improved


Remember this quilt top? I have had it completed since early January. I lacked motivation to complete it, mainly because I didn't want to finish a king sized quilt that I didn't L-O-V-E. I knew I wouldn't use it on my bed, so there it sat, in a basket for a long time. A few weeks ago I started ripping it apart to remove the white sashing. I could have just cut it all apart, but I would have lost 6.5" by cutting it apart at the seams, and the quilt would have been too skinny. I didn't want to make more colored strips, either. So I ripped. And ripped. And ripped some more.

Then I had to reinforce the beginning and ending of most of the seams because they were coming apart. It was quite tedious. (That is a gross understatement.)

During the past several days I have been plugging away on it. I am happy (and very relieved) to have it back in quilt top form.
It now measures 78" x 87" and I am back to being excited about it.
It's so good to know that all that stitch ripping paid off.
I can't wait to quilt it now. I plan to back it with cream colored fabric and then quilt each line with matching thread. So for the pink strips, pink thread on the front and back, for the green strip, green thread front and back, etc. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is smooth sailing from here on out-this quilt has given me more than enough trouble already.