baby quilt week-day 5

Happy Friday!
Today I have a two for one special....

yellow and red stripes, which measures approximately 41" x 57".....

and yellow and red squares-which measures about 45" square.

I cut both of these quilts out at the same time in order to be efficient. Anyone else hate cutting?!?! The striped one was not my favorite to assemble. I didn't have many pieces of fabric that were complete selvage to selvage, so there was piecing involved in most of the strips. Then, I found it challenging to sew together so I would end up with a rectangle rather than a trapezoid. In the end, it turned out fine, although the photo makes it look a little wonky. I do love the concept and just may have to try this one in pink and green someday.

Baby quilt week ended up being very fun for me. I have come to enjoy piecing quilts on a smaller scale. I could even imagine a doll quilt week in my future. (Eventually.) I do love a good personal challenge and it's nice to have a week where I have a specific focus, quilt-wise. I may have one more baby quilt to post tomorrow....we'll see how it goes. :)

Here are some other baby quilts by people that joined in baby quilt week:

nicolette
reg recently finished this baby quilt top
wyndesnow
kim recently finished up this baby quilt
karla recently finished up this 3 year old ufo!
rebecca

Thanks, ladies, for joining in baby quilt week. If you finished one this week, let me know and I'll add your links in a post tomorrow.

And my two favorite blogs that feature baby quilts often are:
A quilt is nice
and
Handmade by Alissa