bento box


After seeing so many fabulous bento box quilts, I knew I had to make one. This one really did me in. I love what this pattern does with plain solids. All the fabric was from my stash.

I was going to try to branch out with the quilting this time, but in the end I chickened out and fell back on my old stand by. After quilting the vintage sheets quilt so loosely, and being less than thrilled with the results, I took my time and stippled it very small. Each of the center squares is 2" finished, so you can get a feel for how small the stippling really is. I think the quilting alone took me 3 days. It sure makes the quilt nice and bunchy after washing.

The backing is something I picked up at Mill End awhile back, and I love it!!! It's one of the main reasons that I am keeping this quilt for myself.

And yet again, I used a pieced binding because the remaining green fabric I had wasn't quite enough. There are 2 tones of green used for the binding. I made sure to limit the colors because I didn't want it to get too busy and detract from the pattern. I love how my fabric diet really pushed me to be creative and use what I have.

The quilt measures 48" x 72".