elia's quilt top


48" x 60"

My dear friend Erin's little girl is 11 months old. This was going to be her baby quilt...ahem...but given her age, I decided to make it a little larger so it will last her awhile. Works out, as it seems I am incapable of making small quilts.

The quilt is a far cry from what I envisioned in my head, but I think I like it. I was planning on having the red and aqua more checkerboard-ish, but it ended up random, so I'm going with it. It's probably better this way...less predictible.
--------------
Here are the measurements of the blocks, if you would care to make this quilt yourself. Heather made a larger version of this quilt, too. You can see it here.

(Double click on the photos to see the measurements.)
Make 10 blocks like this.

And 10 blocks like this.
Each block should measure 12.5" unfinished for a 12" finished square.
Alternate the blocks when laying out the quilt. Easy enough, right?
It requires a total of 1.5 yards of fabric.

All the fabric for this quilt came from my stash and scraps. I think I used about 18 different prints.

If you make a quilt like this, I'd love to see it. :)