sue likes blue

sue likes blue-front
Another one off the "in progress" list. I'm down to 17! Woo-hoo!

This quilt is made up of all solids. I LOVE solids so much. This is probably one of the final versions of this quilt that I will make. I've already made it in orange, green and aqua. I've made variations of it in orange and grey, too. IF I were to make another version of this, I think I'd do it up in reds and browns to match my living room. It doesn't sound like I'm ready to be done with this design yet, does it? :)
sue likes blue-back
This is the back. I love to make two sided quilts. It gives me a good excuse not to label it, because I'd hate to "ruin" one side.

To quilt it, I did an all over swirl quilting pattern. Liz and I were discussing this quilting method and we both agree that it is a much easier and more natural technique than stippling. For those of you who have a hard time with stippling, you may want to give it a try. It also seems to me that swirly quilting goes a lot faster than stippling, which is handy when you have 17 WIP's. :)

The quilt measures about 55" x 70".

About the name of this quilt....when we moved into our house, it was apparent that the previous woman of the house (Sue) liked blue. A lot. We have 2 blue bathrooms, HAD a blue kitchen, and a blue basement. Oh, and our master bedroom has blue carpet, too. So, "Sue likes blue" is a phase I've uttered a lot over the past few years. And will probably continue to do so for a long time to come. I like blue, too, but not quite that much. It makes a fun quilt name, though, and that's what really matters, right?