quilt market

When Diane asked me to tag along with her to quilt market, I jumped at the chance to go. It was so fun to hang out with her and talk quilts all day long. (oh, her poor ears!) My husband took time off of work on Friday to make it happen. Sweet, huh? It was my Mother's Day gift from him. (Ironic that my mother's day gift would take me away from my family for the entire day, isn't it?) Anyway, quilt market was overwhelming and great and tiring, OH, MY!

Meeting so many other bloggers was certainly a highlight. I got to meet Anna, Kellie, Bonnie and Camille, Anita, Lissa, Vanessa and Heather. I can't say just how neat that was. (And plenty intimidating, too!)
I got to see quilts made by:

and Ashley.
3 of my favorite quilts there were old (or antique) quilts...made with teeny tiny pieces.
Each piece in this quilt was only the size of a quarter. Stunning.
Same size squares on this one, but pieced with triangles. It's quilts like this that make me wonder why I call myself a quilter.
This one was from the 70's. It was done by a woman who made it while her dad battled some sort of illness. It was beautifully made and intricate. All hand pieced. Amazing.
I was good and only bought one FQ bundle the entire day. Over the weekend I came up with a quilt along idea to use it for. More on that next post!