hello kitty mini

I'm forcing my daughter to like Hello Kitty because I think she's so cute. OK, in reality it hasn't taken that much convincing. At the retreat, Rene gave me some Hello Kitty fabric (that I may have been gushing over), and I made a hello kitty mini quilt for my daughter. Isn't it bright, happy and fun?

I used Lite Steam a Seam 2 (which came highly recommended by Carol) to adhere the circles. I would agree, it's a great product.

I stippled the whole thing, then I outlined the circles with additional quilting for stability.
For the back and the binding I used more polka dots because I LOVE them.
It measures 17" x 19".

In other news, these are the scraps that I received from Tammy today in the mail for my scrap challenge. She's really on the ball! I love that. My ideas are percolating already.

And the last thing for today...I recently learned how to knit little bitty baby booties from an elderly friend of mine. These went to one of my sisters, who is expecting her second little boy in a few months.
Look how little they are!
They are so fun! Plus, they are a great way to use up some of those yarn odds and ends.