my house quilt!!!

houses!
I finished my house quilt! Yipee!!!!!

Thanks so much to my sew connected friends for helping me make such a fun quilt!

The quilting is intense. I quilted the dog out of it, to use Shelly's phrase. Oh, goodness!!! All those houses were way more intense than pebble quilting. I had a hard time with thread breaking many, many times, but I eventually worked through it and finished. Then I breathed a huge sigh of relief. :) The resulting texture makes it totally worth it, though.

For the back, I used a sheet from Target. It's nice and soft already. I can imagine that it will keep getting better and better the more it's used and washed.

When I got to the binding, the last thing I wanted to do was to piece it as in the inspiration quilt. But, I did it anyway. I'm so glad I did. A plain white binding wouldn't be the same. I love how the one orange piece landed on the corner.

The quilt measures 60" square.