quilt along week 7

I'm running behind this week. I hate that feeling and I have no one to blame but myself. I suppose I could blame it on my bickering children (heaven, help me!) but I don't suppose that would do any good, would it?

Ok, for this week's quilt along....

Sew together two strips that are 22 segments long. Sew them to the top and the bottom of the quilt.


Sew together two strips that are 26 segments long. Sew them to either side of the quilt.



Then, sew on the borders that measure 52 1/2" to the top and bottom.
Sew on the borders that measure 56 1/2" to either side. Press well.


Take a photo and add it to the flickr group. :)

It was a little tricky for me this week to get everything to match up. With so many seams in each strip, if you are off by even a little bit (i was), it multiplies with each seam. My strips ended up longer than they needed to be. So, I used the borders as they were cut and tried to ease in the bulk of the pieced strip. I really need to perfect my 1/4" seam allowance. It sure would make things easier!

A few other bits of business....

Tammy was selected as my scrap challenge winner. I'm looking forward to seeing what scraps I get to play with. Due to the overwhelming positive response to this crazy idea of mine, I just might make it a regular thing around here. I don't have the time or energy to organize a swap of this nature, but someone should! That would be great fun.

Also, thanks so much to the generous ladies that have sent me plaid squares. I'll be posting more about that project soon!