movin' on up

I'm happy to share with you February's stash quilt pattern. Just in the nick of time!

The layout is much different than what I had anticipated when I first started this quilt. That happens sometimes, and that's ok. I really like this happy little accident!
Materials:

12  10" squares...either use layer cake pieces or yardage from your stash. (if you are using yardage, you will need just under a yard of fabric) I used 12 different prints.

1 1/4 yards background fabric (white, in my case)

1/3 yard binding

1 1/2 yards backing fabric

37" x 49" batting or larger

Cutting:

Cut the background fabric into 16 2.5" x wof (width of fabric) strips.

If using yardage for the colors, cut 12 10" squares.

Assembly:

Follow the instructions here to assemble the 12 blocks.

Then, cut each block into quarters. Each piece will be 6.25" square.
My original layout was going to be this:
It's ok, but it definitely lacked pizazz. Not the vision I had at all.

So, a little rearranging of the blocks....
 
Much, much better!

Here's a better view of how the blocks are layed out.
    
Sew the blocks together into rows.

Sew the rows together to make a quilt top.
Finished quilt top size is 35" x 47".
If you try this pattern, I'd love to see it!
-----
In other news....Cheryl is here for the week to visit. Woo-hoo! We've been playing fabric already. Imagine that. :)  And she gave this quilt it's great name. Thanks Cheryl!

I plan on picking a winner for Amy's Modern Basics book sometime tomorrow.

Happy Monday to you!