easy as pie

The Easy as Pie quilt is done! I sure love simple quilts that show off all kinds of pretty prints. Tara helped me pull fabrics for this quilt when she came to visit in February. It's always interesting to see my stash through other peoples' eyes. She added a few fabrics into the mix that I never would have thought to put it in, but I love how they all work together.
If I ever grow up as a quilter and I have my own signature style quilting, I'd like this to be it. It's relaxed, easy to do and adds a bit of movement to the quilt. I haven't washed it yet, but I have a feeling that it will have a great texture (even better than it is now, I should say!) after I do. The quilting lines, which are done with a walking foot, are about 1 1/4" apart. Just the right density to keep the quilt together for a long time, but far enough apart to maintain softness in the quilt.
This backing is something that I came across at JoAnn's, if you can believe it. It is THE perfect red, it was half price and I was amazed at how good it felt. Gotta love that! I just love red polka dots!! I bound the quilt in a sweet lime green print from my stash.
The quilt finishes at 58" x 70".
If you want to make a quilt like this, you can find the tutorial for the Easy as Pie quilt here.

Happy Monday to you!