sewing for my sister

My sister came to visit yesterday and she mentioned that she was thinking of getting some new pillows for her couch. I'm sure she had NO idea that I would whip out some upholstery samples and pillow forms before she could even finish her sentence. It was merely a passing comment. Well, she should have known better. Ha!
I immediately started picking out suitable fabrics from my stash of sample squares that have been sitting in my closet for years. (thanks to my dear friend Amy.) Within about 30 minutes or less, I would say, she had 2 new couch pillows. Aren't they lovely???
For each pillow, I used 3 upholstery squares. No two squares are the same, but I love how well they coordinate and how much interest that adds! I made them with an envelope back so they could easily be washed. (She has 2 little boys, so this is a necessity!) And the icing on the cake? I had a few extra IKEA pillow forms on hand that are soooooo soft and smooshy and good. And they fit per-fect-ly. Sweet!