movin' on up

Here's my latest finish. More lime and eggplant. I love this color combo! Most of the dots are from Pat Bravo's Oval Elements collection. They are so lovely to work with and so soft. I added a few fabrics from the stash to fill in. The white is Kona cotton.

I so rarely make baby quilts, but I should do it more often. They are so fun to finish up. The quilting is a breeze, because they are so small. But the selfish part of me doesn't like to make baby quilts because I know I will never get to use them. It's silly, I know.
I pieced the back because the fabric I had was just a touch too small. Looking at this photo, I kind of wish I would have added in some white on the back for some contrast. Oh, well.
My daughter was my quilt holder. She was complaining about her tired arms after just a few photos, so I had to settle for a crooked one. ;)
More wavy grid quilting and more lime green binding to finish it off. I'm very pleased with how this quilt ended up.

The quilt measures 35" x 47". There is a tutorial is here. If you make one, I'd love to see it!