better

Thanks so much for all your tips and suggestions on my straight line quilting problems. I found a variety of things from the comments helped. The main thing that helped was slowing down. It's hard to slow down! Beth knows all about this. :) I also found that guiding the quilt from the sides helped immensely. I had been pulling the quilt from behind the walking foot and rushing things. Not good. Letting the walking foot do the work is really hard, but really important.  One last thing that I observed is that the stitches pulled worse on the white fabric, (which is quilter's only solids from JoAnn's) vs. the tan fabric, (which is a Wendover solid from Hancock Fabrics). All those little factors added up and contributed to my quilting mess. I did some stitch ripping and requilting and things are better. Not perfect, but better. Next time I will be definitely trying some 505 spray baste. Thanks for weighing it-it really helped me through!

Now, on to a new-ish, but not completely new WIP....
I started piecing all these little snippets into strings months ago, and today I finally got back to them. I had a fun time assembling the first block. So far, it looks better than I imagined. Here's hoping the rest of the quilt follows suit. I'm super excited about this one! Probably because it combines two of my favorites...little scraps and solids. I can't wait to make a few (or a LOT) more!!! Thankfully, I have NO shortage of scraps. :)

Happy Wednesday to you!