exercising gets me into trouble: part 2

Yes, there is a part two.


I can hardly believe it myself.

Yesterday it was sunny and 75 degrees at 3 in the afternoon. Perfect summer day. And I am thinking, "how many of these days are left this year? We really need to go on a walk." The baby had waken from her nap and we had a few hours before my husband got home from work. So we again set out on a walk.


Things were going pretty well, there was a lot less complaining that the previous day and I was convinced that everything would be fine.


We were dropping off our electric bill and my son was playing on the railings right outside the building. I had just told him to stop screwing around and to get down. Not even 30 seconds later he is SCREAMING and he has a mouth full of blood. Thankfully he didn't knock his teeth out or anything, but he bit his tongue REALLY bad. I mean, like a flap cut open bad. One of the ladies that works at the utility came out and asked if we needed anything. (People are really nice in this town.) She brought us some ice and the bleeding stopped pretty quickly. He was really shook up about it. It was gross. So he has the cutest little lisp now, because his tongue has a pocket in it. (I am cringing even as I am typing this.)





So, yes, I am a slow learner.
It is another perfect summer day.
But I refuse to go on a walk.
I don't want to have to write a 3rd installment.
(Sorry if I grossed you out.)