knit

edit: for those of you who asked, the quilt in the background of the photo below is blogged about here.

I knit this scarf this summer on bamboo needles (oh, they are lovely) I received from the very generous Mama Urchin. I used 2 different yarns together. It is one thick scarf. I love the texture of it so much, that I think I will be keeping it for myself. My knitting skills have not progressed past "idiot projects", as my neighbor likes to call them. Idiot projects=scarves, dishcloths, etc. Yeah, that's my skill level.

Then, after reading this post, I thought I could try to make a vest for my daughter. She's little, and really, how hard can knitting in the round actually be? I have some yarn and some needles. Here is what I came up with.
See that big loop on the left hand side? Um, that was one of my stitches. I tried at least 4 different times. Maybe I don't know how to cast on properly? I tried 2 different ways of casting on. It was a disaster. What was I thinking? My hat goes off to all of you talented knitters out there.
Some day I would still like to further my knitting skills. I still would love to learn how to knit socks. But for now, I think I am going to stick with quilting. And a few idiot knit projects here and there. :)

I'm ok with that.