what would you do....


...if you knew you only had six months to live?
I was pondering this question yesterday when I was mowing my lawn. (I have a huge yard, so I had a lot of time to think about this.) Today marks the 2 year anniversary of the death of one of my friends. And in exactly a month, it will be the 2 year anniversary of the death of another of my friends. Both friends each fought 4 rounds of cancer in a 4.5 year time span. They were both within 5 years of the age that I am now.
I came to the conclusion that if I knew I only had six months to live I would be living my life a lot differently that I am now. I would spend much more time with my husband, my kids, my family and my friends. I would devote much more effort toward my relationship with my Maker, who is my Saviour and Lord. I would spend less time being busy. I would spend a lot less time accumulating and maintaining my stuff. Because all the stuff isn't going to matter in the end. Heavy stuff, but well worth the thought.
So what would you do?