patchwork obsession: part 20


My falling oaks quilt is done and I love how it turned out.
The blocks are 6". The leaves are sewn on with the raw egdes exposed so they will fray and add a nice texture over time. It is a lap size-54"x72".

The backing is pieced-all from my stash-again. I tell ya', it's amazing how many quilts I have finished without purchasing new fabric. Not even for binding. And I am just starting to see a dent in the old stash. Oy. The fabric on the left is flannel toile (oh, and it's so lovely + soft) and the fabric on the right is a leaf print quilter's cotton. I love love LOVE piecing the backs of my quilts. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should.

I just did more stippling on this quilt. I actually looked forward to quilting this one. I never would have dreamed....

So, another one down, and I only have 6 quilts in progress.
Only six. Sheesh! I'm in deep.