a quilt for Spot

Spot came to live at our house last September. He is well loved, and he needed his own little quilt, so my sweet boy and I worked on making one together.
We designed it together and he even got to help with the sewing. I guided the fabric, he pressed the foot pedal. That is very exciting stuff for a little guy. There was lots and lots of stick-your-tongue-out concentration going on...it was adorable. My sewing machine will sew 1500 stitches per minute - luckily he didn't find that out. :)

Anyway, I finished hand stitching the binding last night, so he could see it before he went to school this morning. He told me that he really likes it a lot, the only thing he didn't care for is the fact that you really can't see the star quilted in the center of it so well.

My son had definite ideas for this quilt-right down to the quilting. Normally, I am not the most patient person when it comes to crafting with kids (terrible, I know), but it was very enjoyable to work on this project with him.