quilt-a-long week 7

Welcome to week 7 of the quilt-a-long!

This block goes together pretty quickly.
For this one, I pressed my triangle seams open to reduce bulk.

Cut 8 squares 3.5" from the background fabric
Cut 4 squares 3.5" from the colored fabric

Cut 2 squares 3 7/8" from the background fabric
Cut 2 squares 3 7/8" from the colored fabric
(these 4 will be used for making the triangles)

Use the same method for making the triangles here that we used in the previous weeks.

layout as shown

sew together

and you have your completed block.

Any questions will be answered in the comments.


For those of you who are interested, I am already thinking about the next quilt a long. I am planning on making another sampler type quilt in all different star blocks. I'm gonna have to get over my triangle phobia once and for all. :)

thanks for quilting-a-long with me!