quilt-a-long week 11

Welcome to week 11 of the quilt-a-long! I'd like to thank each and every one of you who sent me a note of thanks or encouragement throughout this process. It really means a lot to me. Thank you for letting me know that you have enjoyed it.

for this weeks block:

cut 2 squares 4 7/8" from a dark fabric
cut 1 square 4 1/2" from the same fabric

cut 4 squares 4 1/2" from a medium fabric

cut 2 squares 4 7/8" from the background fabric

use the 4 7/8" squares to make the triangle blocks

layout as shown and sew together

and here is the completed block
it should measure 12.5" at this point

After week 12 is complete, I am going to provide instructions for one way to complete the quilt top. You may follow the instructions I provide or else you can come up with your own layout. I will attempt to walk you through the process of finishing your quilt-basting, quilting and binding.


Then, after all that is complete, I am planning to host another quilt-a-long where we will be making a star quilt. This one will also be 12 weeks long and will involve many triangles. (just a warning) I would like to make the entire quilt top before starting this time, so there may be a few weeks interim before we commence.

As always, thanks for quilting along with me! :)