finishing your quilt top, part 2

Today we will be working on the borders....

cut out 430 squares 2.5"
yes, that's right, 430.
I think you may have 2 leftover, but that will be helpful when you are laying out your squares randomly.
(I know that is a lot of squares...please don't hate me. It'll be worth it.)

Sew the squares together making borders for the quilt.
The squares should be 2 deep on the bottom and the top.
The squares should be 3 deep on the left and right sides.
(Click on the photo to see the detail.)
These should go around the entire quilt.

Once the squares are sewn around the perimeter, add your solid border. This should be cut 6.5" x the length of your quilt.

Then, add one square border around the perimeter of the solid border and your quilt top should be done.

I'll show you photos of the completed quilt top when I am done. That's right...I can't even keep up with my own quilt-a-long. :)