ragged squares quilt

I finished another quilt today. Hurray!

I had it nearly quilted when I had to stop to work on this quilt top, then this quilt needed to be completed on a deadline, so it had to sit for a bit. I like staggering my quilts in progress this way, though. It keeps things interesting.

I finished quilting it yesterday. Straight line quilting is not my cup of tea. Give me meandering any day!

I had to remove grease spots from this one, too. My walking foot was to blame this time. I tell you, if it weren't for Murphy Oil Soap I think I would be pretty proficient at applique right now. (I'm glad that I am not!)

This is my favorite square...

and here's the backing, which reminds me of vintage linens. It's Tracy Porter fabric from JoAnns.

I love the weight of this quilt...it's a bit heavier than most because I didn't cut out behind the stacked squares, so it has 3 layers of fabric in some places. It puckered up nicely after washing just like I had hoped. I had to do lots of trimming on the raw edges after drying it. LOTS of trimming.
------------
If any of you are working on the quilt-a-long and your name isn't on the list, would you please let me know? I would appreciate it.