it's good to be home...


...and back in the quilting groove.

Vacation was pretty good. It's a lot of work to be on vacation (especially with kids-even if it was only 2 out of 3), but it was wonderful to be able to soak up some Florida sunshine. It was nice to need a sweatshirt because the air conditioning was cranked up too high rather than because the temperatures have plumetted below zero. It has made me especially anxious for spring, though.

The quilt above was made by Heather. I quilted it, making good on my end of the bartering deal that we had made. I am always in awe how much quilting changes the look of a quilt. It's fun to watch it transform each step of the way.

Of course I am doing a little quilt planning of my own. Never mind that I have a bunch of quilts in progress already.....I think I am up to 8 currently. These are the fabrics that I have chosen to make my own happy hour quilt. I just love that pattern.

This weekend I have a fabric shopping trip planned and I am sooo looking forward to it! I haven't bought any fabric so far this year, and I am ready!!! My main goal is to find some backing fabric for the 5 quilt tops I have finished. I also have a list of things that would be helpful for the stash, in case my eye would wander. ;)

Happy weekend to you all!