and the winner is...

You guys!!! You are so sweet. Thanks for all your comments!!! I am blown. away. It took me awhile to read through all the comments to see what you were up to the past few days. :0) I feel like i got to know you all better. That was fun...let's do it again sometime.



The winner of the fabric is...number 5, Regi. Thanks to all of you who played along!

Now, onto some quilting progress...

Despite my sick kids, (we've had strep, fever, flu [ewww!] and a cold going around) I finally finished my swell quilt top.

I debated a long time about the layout. I wasn't feeling the zig zag...so on Sunday night I played around with about 4 different layouts and this was my favorite. I love the vintage feel of it. I still want to do a zig zag quilt sometime, but in my mind, this wasn't the right fabric combination for it.

I used 4 swell charm packs (32 squares in each) and i paired the squares with cream fabric (quilter's only cotton in the color parchment-from JoAnn's) and made them into triangles. Triangles are not my favorite, but I think it will be worth it. The layout is 14 by 18 blocks. It measures about 56" x 72", which means I will have one more to add to my lap quilt collection. But in my defense, I did have this one started before the beginning of this year. I already have the backing (and binding) in my stash, so I'm hoping to finish this quilt soon.