darcy's quilt


Last summer my friend Darcy and I started working on a quilt for her. She sorted through my scrap bins and then we added a healthy dose of white fabric, which is always a winning combination in my mind. We made up the pattern as we went along. I'm not sure this is the best method to teach for a first quilt, but we are both thrilled with the results.

We were aiming for a largish lap size and the quilt ended up being large enough to fit a twin size bed. Perfect! I love that it can be used as either a bed quilt or a throw.

But even better than that, I LOVE that we made it two sided.

When we were piecing the back, the one requirement was to piece something completely from my stash. This is what we came up with. This color combination is one of my current favorites.

Here's a the detail of the back....

I'm so pleased with the one little red square. :)

I basted it, quilted it and added the scrappy binding.

Darcy is now 9 months pregnant with her first baby. She has been put on bed rest, so yesterday I delivered the quilt to her. It was fun to surprise her with her finished and oh-so-cheery quilt.