whirlygiggle


The whirlygiggle quilt is complete! It was a joint project between Heather and I. It is going to be donated to our sons' school silent auction, which is this Saturday.

Planning a donation quilt is tricky. It's hard to guess what color scheme that will appeal to many people. In this case, we didn't want it to be gender specific or too kiddish either. And we wanted to work completely from our stashes. I really like the outcome of this quilt. It is a twin size, so if someone buys it, (do you like my confidence?) it can be used on their child's bed. Or as a lap quilt.

We each pieced blocks for the top.

Heather pieced the back, basted it and stippled it.

I made and attached the binding...

...which is pieced from scraps.

And here it is, on my son's bed.
I just need to attach the label.
I might be bidding on it come Saturday. :)